Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Creative Process is So Slow

Well it has been my 2 year anniversary on Etsy. I signed up but took a year to really work out what I wanted to sell. I sketched, made some really labor intensive cards, made linoleum blocks, and painted designs for fabric.( the picture above is part of a series of watercolors for fabrics that need to be photoshopped...whenever that happens)
I actually posted in my shop in January of this past year. I was so excited...staying up until 3am experimenting with block printed textiles. I figured I was devastedly tired due to my new hours and taking care of a house and a one and a half year old that is until I figured out I was pregnant.(the above picture is a sketch I pinkified on photo shop...my husband was like"whats up with those cheeks?"...she reminds me of puck)

Oh yes the morning sickness was delightful and lasted until mid April. I basically put a lot of ideas on hold. Then when I was feeling better...my computer died. I also had 2 really sad deaths in my family too and did a bunch of floral design jobs.(this is a pencil sketch of a pagoda...dude I love pagodas...I mean I REALLY REALLY love them. I spent the better part of my early childhood watching costumed Asian dramas on channel 18...no I'm not Asian and I had no idea what they were saying.)


I guess all this pondering is about the fact I cant believe its almost the end of the year and I thought I would have so much more done. Then I think give yourself a break...you have 2 kids now...what am I crazy?...also I guess I accomplished a little bit I mean I am not a machine or Martha...that could be the same thing though.( these are some sketches of lanterns also pinkified...I also love lanterns a lot maybe not as much as pagodas but they are high on the list of things I love. I wanted to see that movie Australia because of the commercial that showed a party with all those lovely silk lanterns and I love the teacup ride at Disneyland at night because of how cool the lanterns above look!)

2 comments:

  1. I've got a 2-year-old and another on the way, so I know what you mean about how long it can take ideas to become actual items. Looks like you've been doing really well, though! Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete