Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Martha Tilton - "A Little Jive Is Good For You" (1941)

I havent posted any music lately what a shock. This is one of those soundies from the 1940s. Its like the music videos of their day. I love this one a lot. The guy with the bandages on his head is hilarious and to me he looks a little bit of george bush jr which i could totally see acting like this dude for fun when he has had too much to drink or maybe not. Perhaps its just my vision of our past goofball president. Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. HAHA oh my how times have changed. i prefer this over girls-dancing-in-bikinis-at-the-car-wash any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love that time in american music. All those blonde big band singers--Anita O'Day, Jo Stafford, Chris Connors really ruled.

    I don't know Martha Tilton so well but she has a
    great voice.

    And how amazing to dance as gracefully as the guy with his foot in a cast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I LOVE those old song and Dance Movies :)

    I am a sucker for Judy and Mickey, Fred and Ginger, Gene and Jerry (He! He!)

    Have a Happy Easter, my dear, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. talk about being footloose!!! haha, the video is great, i love the "acting" and i think the dancing is really great actually. watch those legs go!!!! such a cool style of dancing, i wanna pull something like that off on the dance floor!

    im down with a cold right now, but imagining me getting this treatment at the doctor's made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. arent the dance moves so fantastic!

    I totally agree thawny!

    Such great music...actually there is a website all about her and you can even dowload her songs
    http://www.marthatilton.com/audio.html

    ReplyDelete