Monday, April 4, 2011

Yuko Shimizu

You know there are two yukos....right?
This is not the hello kitty creator though. I came across some art work of the other yuko on my tumblr. I have a love/hate relationship with tumblr, but it does feed my more...errr....racy side shall we say. Anyway this yuko shimizu is pretty well known even though I had never heard of her, but then I am pretty sheltered in what I know concerning the art world especially the current one. These illustrations are from her mfa mini thesis where she created this gorgeous alphabet book called letters of desire. Can you figure out what letters each of these represent? The top illustration speaks volumes to me although they are both somewhat naughty if you will. You can see more of her work here<-------by the way the images are here courtesy of Yuko Shimizu. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. You naughty girl ;) I'm still trying to work out what "letters" they represent. Hmmm. I'll get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know but somtimes i just cant help myself....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have love-hate relationship with tumblr. I love seeing beautiful images, but get pissed off by its slow uploads and hiccups...and the same stuff being reblogged by too many people I see it again and again. Opps...sorry for the rant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are crazy - in all the right ways. I love the titles of each letter illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im glad you liked them mp....the titles are totally cool...yes rita...whats up with tumblr? it can be a little monotonous and i am always getting errors on it....its good to rant sometimes!

    ReplyDelete