Sunday, May 1, 2011

What Dreams are Made Of....

So there was no ham involved which is okay....I made them vegetarian style. Did you know one tablespoon of hollandaise sauce contains only 67 calories? Although its like 67 calories of almost pure fat. Anyway one tablespoon is a pretty decent spoonful of sauce. So if you want to indulge but not go too crazy eggs benedict is a good way to go. I have a lot left over so I am gonna see if I can reheat it tonight to put over green beans. Apparently reheating hollandaise is not an easy task. Here is the recipe I used for the sauce. I also only made half of the recipe, used 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, black pepper because I had no white, and the full amount of Worcestershire sauce. I think thats why my sauce as a little less vibrant looking or maybe not.



This past week at Luuworld he a had a photograph of this sumptuous dish while he was in London. So of course I have been dreaming of eggs and hollandaise until now.


14 comments:

  1. I have never even tasted hollandaise how bad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm i love drippy eggs!
    wish i could've come over to borrow some. we made banana bread today without eggs and it turned out surprisingly ok (but could've used some fluff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. i just had to type in a bad french word to post that comment! "merde" haaa haaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had hollandaise sauce! I will have to fix that. Look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BM and MM i cannot believe you have never had hollandaise....if you like butter eggs and lemon you had better get on it cos its soooo good!

    Kim MERDE? that is hilarious...whats up with those crazy security letters and numbers.Drippy eggs=happiness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried making my own hollandaise before! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, i'm so glad you made this! i've been dreaming about it ever since i got back from london! haha. it was the first time i'd had egg benedict. yummy! yours looks pretty good! was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, my husband can whip up some hollandaise sauce like a pro - it's so so so very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, I'm hosting a chevron necklace giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lw it was pretty easy so you need to make this and fast...impress your friends and lovers!!!!
    Thanks meagan I just did! you are lucky girl to have your man whip that up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, I wish I had that right now. Looks pretty flipping good!
    Hope all is well Shellie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss you too christina...are you going to be working tomorrow?

    it sure was victoria!
    Thanks janis and all is well just super busy.

    ReplyDelete